August 12, 2007

A Weekend Project

My mother and I drove down to Virginia today to see the new twins, who are now almost a month old, and cute as little buttons. I took about 150 photographs, which is the blessing of a digital camera. If the focus isn't right, or someone moves, zap...it's gone!
A couple of weeks ago, I was at Plaza Art Supplies getting some artist's canvas when I saw a great little kit. It's an accordian album that you put together yourself. Two cardboard covers, a piece of 7" x 40" folded and scored paper and that's it. I found some great end papers in pink and blue (girl and boy twins) and glued it to the boards. Then I took a ribbon to tie the album with and glued it that down. Then I glued the accordian pages to the end boards, and stuck photos on the pages... one side for him and one for her.
I had taken close up photos of each of their hands and photo-shopped their names onto the pictures. I printed one or two out in black and white for effect and tied the ribbon into a bow.

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!

    I loved your new header too :-)

    Hope the new job is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful baby and a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too sweet!

    Fairfax, BTW, thanks so much for that Edie Sedgewick note on Style Court. Cool info to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.