March 18, 2010

Shopping with Charlotte Moss

I hope that you saw the great article in today’s New York Times about shopping with Charlotte Moss. Since the closing of her store, it’s great to hear about the things that she likes. The article is here. And here are some of her selections:

Five-piece place setting of bamboo flatware from William-Wayne & Co. $50

Moss1 Limoge Siesta Soup Tureen $1,220Moss2 Bergdorf-Goodman private label table cloth. $350Moss3 Six-inch Venetian Glass vases at Lexington Gardens $18 eachMoss4 I am such a huge fan of Charlotte Moss’s, so it’s great to read this article about her thoughts on spring entertaining.Moss5

All images: NY Times

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the bamboo placesetting, Aunt Meggie....Funny thing....I have what looks like a similar placesetting, but purchased from Big Lots several years ago for $5-$9 for 4 placesettings! I guess I set the trend, huh??? LOL

    --Miss M.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luuuv Charlotte! I too purchased some inexpensive bamboo place settings in C'ville and they have since mostly broken. I would love to get some classier replacements...XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to be her when I grow up. But I've said that about Paula Deen too. That might just be the perfect combination, don't you think?!
    Thanks for the heads up, Meg. I hope the article you cite is online. Off to find out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am a huge fan and loved both of her shops in New york. I hate that they are no longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte Moss-am amazing lady with perfect taste. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Love Charlotte Moss, as well. Thought you should know the Limoge Siesta is actually a Hermes pattern that comes in the yellow that you have shown and a torquoise colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those vases, Meg! Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bamboo flatware is perfect for our spring outdoor entertaining!!
    love it.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.