March 28, 2010

Earth Hour

Did you remember to turn out your lights at Earth Hour on Saturday? I was out, but had made sure to turn all lights out but one, before I left. I kept one light on for Connor.

All across the world, huge landmarks turned out their lights for an hour, and made a statement about how we keep so many lights on unnecessarily.

Here are some pictures, from the Guardian, that show landmarks around the world with their lights out.

Two views of China’s Forbidden City, before (top) and during (bottom).

Earth Hour1 Earth Hour2

Sidney Harbour BridgeEarth Hour3

Tower Bridge – LondonEarth hour5

Welsh Assembly Government – This is a couple of blocks from where I lived in Cardiff and is a very green building.Earth-hour--004 Houses of Parliament - LondonEarth-hour--002

Did your city or town turn out the lights?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for telling us about this one Meg, I did not hear of it!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of it, but I'm pretty sure my little burg did not turn out the lights - the whole population would have been on the phone to the power company in three seconds! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.