October 13, 2009

Tour de Baltimore FINAL DETAILS

After months of planning, the big day for the Tour de Baltimore is almost here! On Saturday, October 17th, I will be hosting the first tour and I hope to do this again in the spring of 2010. tour de baltimore

The schedule is as follows, and all times are approximate:

  • 10:00 – Meet at Housewerks for coffee and a look around this fascinating architectural salvage company. Click here for directions. There is plenty of parking on-site.
  • 11:00 – Head up to Gore-Dean Antiques in Mount Washington Mill. I just got an e-mail from Deborah Dean saying that they’re now carrying Dempsey & Carroll stationery.
  • 12:30 – Go to the Hampden neighbourhood of Baltimore. Its main street is full of small independent shops and galleries.
  • 1:30 – Meet for lunch at Cafe Hon, a funky restaurant with classic Baltimore food on the menu.
  • 2:45 – BOOK THING! I know that there will be a mad dash for the decorating section of the books, but hopefully we’ll all find something fun.
  • 3:30 – Back downtown to Second Chance, a massive architectural salvage and furniture consignment store, just a few blocks from Housewerks.

Please e-mail me here and let me know if you will be attending. I would like to get a count so I can give everyone that we’re visiting a heads up that a group will be coming, especially Cafe Hon.

We will probably have to carpool or drive separately, so I will have a map with directions, phone numbers, etc. for everyone on Saturday morning or I can e-mail it to you ahead of time so that you can program all stops into your GPS.

I am really looking forward to this tour and can’t wait to meet everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast, Meg! Wish I could come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad that I'm out of town that weekend - but I look forward to the spring! It sounds like so much fun, especially the architectural salvage and BOOKS. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could come, this is the last week end to set lights before "Picnic" and my telethon, maybe in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to be missing it this year! I will have to plan a trip back to B'more to join you in 2010!! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything, sadly I will not be able to make it, hopefully spring will get me there!
    Have a lot of fun!

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. You give good tour!
    Wish I could be there with you!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun Meg, we were close by on 41st street walking towards Woodberry on our visit and thought we were going to have our lunch cut out of us because we didn't have a match for a 300 pound street walker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.