October 3, 2009

New York Times: 36 Hours in Baltimore

An article in October 4th’s New York Times starts with the message I always try to convey: Baltimore is not just The Wire. It goes on to talk about several of the highlights of an insider’s tour of Baltimore, some of the out-of-the-way places that someone here for a conference or a ball game won’t see. MICA

There is also a corresponding slide show with images of neighbourhoods, restaurants and more. B Bistro Check it out and see that Baltimore isn’t just The Wire!

Images of Maryland Institute College of Art and B Bistro from the NYT, used without permission.

11 comments:

  1. thought about you this AM when i saw the paper - haven't read the article but i will - love the header -

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally agree! Lived for a while outside of Baltimore- the city has loads of great surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank heavens. Hope people read this and ignore Bourdain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of you when I read that piece! You do try to tell us about the "un-tourist" Baltimore and it is appreciated, really :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved from Baltimore 13 years ago and I'm still intrigued by the culture and uniqueness of the city. There is so much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I love Baltimore. And I will be there on Wed. trying to find a job! Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool, I hope to visit one day soon!Thanks Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bistro b...Woodberry Kitchen or Table or whatever you call it...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Baltimore. Took the kids there two Summers ago and had a ball. A little bit of everything. Great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's too bad the really charming parts of Baltimore are the ones people never see. When I first moved to the city to go to grad school, I wasn't that excited about the city. And I kept looking at the park benches and thinking "who declared this the best city in america?! But by the time I left, I loved all the little charming details around every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like Monet's house in Giverny/France near Paris (40 miles)

    have a look:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/21484776@N00/3751123407/in/set-72157621428116474

    greetings

    Gina from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.