September 20, 2009

Weekend with Eddie Ross

A few months ago, I saw an announcement on Eddie Ross’s site about an event in Washington, DC. eddie2 He and his partner Jaithan Kochar, would be leading a group of people on a tour of the Big DC Flea. Since DC is only about 40 miles down the road, I signed up immediately. eddie

Then I got an e-mail from DC design blogger, Michelle at My Notting Hill, inviting me to a party for some of the DC Design Blog crowd and Eddie and Jaithan. jaithan

After a split second’s thought, I accepted with pleasure. We figured out that she lives about five minutes from my brother and sister-in-law. Michelle graciously said I could invite my SIL Gabrielle to come with me to the party. Gabi is a huge Eddie Ross fan and has just finished building and decorating a house, so she’s very interested in interiors.

I had the chance to meet lots of bloggers who I’ve read for ages, including Stefan of Architect Design, Thomas of My White Shirt, Scot of Domicidal Maniac, Janet of JCB, Beth of Style Redux AND Chinoiserie Chic, Jenn at Department of the Interior, Lauren at Pure Style Home, Terri at Wind Lost who was here from Calgary, Canada, and many more.

I also had the chance to finally meet Terri Sapienza from the Washington Post. We’ve spoken on the phone several times, and e-mailed a bit. She’s just wonderful!

By now, you’re probably wondering where all of the photos of everyone and everything are… Well it’s a long story! I fell down a flight of stairs on Thursday night and am a technicolour mess now! I am fine, but I went to the doctor on Friday afternoon. In the rush to get down to DC before traffic got really bad, I put the old battery back in the camera, and since it’s a proprietary Canon battery, I didn’t have use of my camera the whole time! I was heartbroken, as there were so many things I wanted to capture. You will just have to read the blogs linked above to see what fun we all had!

Special thanks to Michelle and her family for hosting the party, to Anne for driving me to the show,mynottinghillresizedand most of all to CPF and GMF for having me stay over and for taking care of the terrorist Houdini dog, Connor, who escaped three times.

21 comments:

  1. It was so fun seeing everyone and meeting new bloggers. Looking forward to seeing you in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY you getting a trip with Eddie and Jaithan and meeting all those fun bloggers. Wish he would come to Metrolina in Charlotte and you all hop down here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a good time with Eddie and Jaithan - and the rest of the crew, I'm sure. So sorry about the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the fall - that's terrible.

    Glad you had a good time with Eddie Ross & Co! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Meg! Hope you're not to banged up and uncomfortable! Sounds like you had a great time at the party though. I'll have a peek around at the other blogs to see what it all looked like... like lots of fun, I would imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a great time - what fun this blogging community is - i am going to go check out pics now - too bad about the camera - falling down a flight of stairs - ouch - black and blue all over but no breaks, that is good news

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my! glad you are ok. I have a friend who did the very same thing and her husband got the once over as a potential abuser when they went to the emergency room! Hot baths, hot tea, catalogs, and sympathy. Feel better. GT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luckily, my doctor's an old friend of mine, and his wife was my sister's college roomie! So he's very invested in my health. I saw him at the farmers' market this morning and he remarked that I looked a lot better than on Friday. Lots of good pain meds have helped enormously!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Meg,

    I had such a great time meeting you and other dc bloggers (Although I felt like I already knew everyone having read their blogs for so long!)

    So glad you were able to visit with us DC folks and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait - you didn't have your camera?????? what kind of a blogger are you? fslling down is NOT an excuse young lady! we need to make a list of acceptable reasons for not having a camera at huge blogger events! maybe being on chemo would be one. maybe. I'd have to think about that. hmmm. going to your own funeral? maybe.

    twenty lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meg....were ya drankin when you took your tumble?

    I hope that you are feeling better.

    Onward...carefully.

    ADG

    ReplyDelete
  12. i had such a great time and it was awesome meeting you/your sister! Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Meg! You were so much fun! Jaithan and I LOVED getting to know you (and your sister!) both at the party and during the shopping trip! Your sense of humor is contagious! Can't wait to see you again soon!

    xo
    Eddie + Jaithan

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun!! So sorry about the tumble; hope those bruises heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like it was all worth it! Hope you are better soon. Connor was just trying to hitch a ride to DC. He was concerned that you forgot to take him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HBD... Connor has a need to be the first down the stairs! I usually wait, but he was being pokey, so I went first. Big mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are better soon. Lucky you to attend that shindig. Smiles,LC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ouch! Falls can really hurt. Glad you are doing better.

    While we were at the beach, I had two of my dogs on leash one night. They see better in the dark than I and spied a cat before I could brace myself. I took quite a tumble, bumping my head on the road and working gravel into my arms and legs to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Meg, so sorry about the fall. Hope you are on the mend. That Connor must have been trying to go meet Eddie & Jaithan too!
    How fun that you got to meet them. Sounds like a great time. What all did you buy at the flea market?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are feeling all better soon! You must prevail on Eddie and Jaithan to come to Baldimer!
    I have visions of lunch at Gertrude's at the BMA - dessert and coffee at the Italian dessert place in Little Italy (hope these places are still going strong!).
    The thing about the terroist dog had me laughing! I once broke two toes trying to get out of the way of my beloved Shih-tzu.

    Suzanne on St. Simons
    (formerly of DC - a native!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you're well recovered. Been there, done that. Got the bruise... ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.