December 2, 2014

The Mountains and the Sea

It is great to be back in Wales where I used to live. I am staying with the man I lived with and his two children whom I love and adore! 


I decided to take a drive up over the Brecon Beacon "mountains" to Hay-on-Wye, known as the town of books for all its used book and antique shops. Clearly a dangerous place for me!

The drive up to Hay was a bit harrowing, with the fog, the narrow roads and the right-hand drive car!

But the fog gave way to shafts of sun lighting the hills.

I spent the afternoon wandering the tiny streets of Hay and found a few things to bring back with me.

Today, Andy and I headed out for our favourite pursuit: poking around junk shops! Success for both of us in the village of Cowbridge.

We spent the afternoon catching up with a long walk along the wide beach at Ynys y Barri or Barry Island. 
For reference, this picture was taken at about 2:15 in the afternoon, and it is almost totally dark just after 4:00 p.m.

We managed to squeek in a visit to Castel Coach near our house, just before sunset.

Back to London on Wednesday for more fun!

14 comments:

  1. What a perfect day!! And, lovely photos. Fun to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you could run into a Doc Martin. I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...this is just a perfect day! Love seeing these photos - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg, Sounds like a super wonderful soul-filling trip.
    xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been quite the shopper, hope you can carry your luggage home! I was good, only bought a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are having a great time? + I know you are + grand photos. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. And what a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.