December 14, 2014

Shameless Self Promotion

As you may know, I attended an auction when I was in Wales, with my pal, Yonks! I swear, I didn’t at all intend to buy anything, but the items on offer were irresistible! And now I am putting them on my Etsy shop for your consideration.

Here’s some of what is on offer, although not all of it is on the shop yet.

Set of five art deco forks

Serrated and Plain Decorated Knife with French Ivory HandleArt Deo Knife with French Ivory Handle

Large fish knife and fork

Set of 8 knives and forks with carved French Ivory Handles

Art Nouveau Knife with decorated blade and collar, French Ivory handle

Adams “Cries of London” Plate

I realized a long time ago that I am a hunter more than a collector. So while I love hunting for pieces, once I’ve found them, I don’t mind “de-accessioning” them!

6 comments:

  1. It was so dark when we got home I didn't realise you has such wonderful pieces in that box of miscellaneous! You've done your research girl, who knew they were French. In awe of your skills Meg. Keep warm!
    Di
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pieces Meg! The details are amazing!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. These are beautiful. I could use those smaller knives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just magnificent finds Meg. I would just love to attend an auction. We have a local one but it's only held on a Wednesday; of course I'm working. Really glad your time in England was a great one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, is all I can say + great finds xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.