December 9, 2014

Best Shot!

I took more than 800 pictures while I was in the UK, and, in a complete departure from days past, I only used my iPhone 5 to take them. While I took a digital camera along with me, I found that I never wanted or needed to use it. When I use my phone’s camera, I use the HDR setting. If you don’t know what that is, basically read this post I did about it. The setting I use saves both the original and HDR image, so I can pick and choose which is better, as the differences can be over-dramatic.
IMG_6434Original IMG_6435HDR Image

I went through my images and picked out the ones which I thought were the best. I hope you enjoy them!

St. Pancras Station, which has just been renovated.IMG_6352

Courtyard at Magdalen College in Oxford.IMG_6504

Oriel College at Oxford.IMG_6437

The canal boat that was home for five days.IMG_6604

Looking the other way from the boat.IMG_6600

Early morning drive-by of the London Eye.IMG_6689

Hay Castle, Hay-on-Wye, WalesIMG_6780

Andy walking by the shorelineIMG_6859

Barry Island, WalesIMG_6851

Castel Coch, late afternoon, racing to make it before sundown.IMG_6900

My guysIMG_6922x

Still can’t quite figure out why I didn’t buy this wallpaper.IMG_6929

St. Paul’s Cathedral. IMG_6948

Don’t see many of these call boxes anymore.IMG_6955

My favourite breakfast and my new hat.IMG_6959

Bonanza of knives!IMG_7006

The model-maker and his model at the V&A.IMG_7087

At Pentreath & Hall for their Christmas Evening. Finally got to meet Ben and Bridie!IMG_7207

No idea what this means, but it made me laugh!IMG_7250

Heading homeIMG_7277

If you can stand a little more, I put together a little video of my trip.

Thanks for coming along on my travels with me!

16 comments:

  1. Your trip was a roaring success it seems. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for sharing these beautiful photos with your loyal readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My iPhone has taken over a little Leica I have but the only complaint is on grey days. It can't cut thru the full glare and I take my charger with me if I need to use my phone as well. But great pics Meg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any of those stick chargers? I carry one with me when I know I am going to be taking lots of pictures. And I agree about the grey days. I had a hard time in Oxford because the sky was so so glarey.

      Delete
  3. Always delightful to "travel" with you! Beautiful pictures. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved every minute of your trip - thanks as always for letting us tag along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. speaking for myself + loved you video+ great photos. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the video. It is a welcome break. I didn't recognize the music though. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music is "Distant Green Valley" from YoYo Ma's Silk Road Project. I love it and the title seemed appropriate for Wales.

      Delete
  7. Yeah Apple. I find my iphone6 takes great photos. And I always have it�� just wish I had a longer lens. Loved the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that the camera on the i6 is great. Will have to wait a bit to upgrade!

      Delete
  8. Love your blog, its just so different from most blogs. It seems you do most things with a friendly, relaxed, positive attitude - this comes across. Very inspiring. The photos and videos are lovely - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.