June 24, 2014

Peek-a-Boo

There’s an exhibit in London this week of the works of Emma Hack, an Australian body painter. You might know her work from the video “Somebody That I Used to Know” where the two characters in the video are painted.emma-hack-gotye

She’s quite a good painter on canvas, but when you consider that she actually paints people into her images, it’s quite amazing. Here are some of her recent works.

Peregrine Falconimage

Vreeland’s Cockatooimage

Camellia & Peacockimage

Peach Blossomimage

Phoeniximage

Parekeetsimage

Emma Hack at workimageimageimage

Pretty amazing, isn’t it?

No blog post tomorrow. Huge lecture at work and then a meeting immediately afterwards. I will be lucky if I am home by midnight!

9 comments:

  1. This artist is amazing. The detail is extraordinary.
    Have a super productive day. And then a martini with your feet up.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool. Can't imagine how difficult this is to pull off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the artist is stunning + Hope you have a wonderful day(LONG but wonderful) xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful isn't a word that is in this conversation!

      Delete
  4. So very creative I love her work Meg, thanks for the feature on Emma!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I saw that first photo I started humming "Somebody That I Used to Know"... hah! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a body of work! Yes to whatever it takes to get through the day. Hope Connor is a good boy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.