March 11, 2014

Spring Flowers

If you’re like me, you just can’t wait for spring to finally arrive. It’s so far behind around here that it’s going to be April before even the forsythia blooms. In the meantime, I thought you might like to see this newish pattern from Royal Copenhagen. It’s a riff on their wildly expensive Flora Danica pattern and it’s just called Flora.image

At $420 for six plates, they are significantly less expensive than some of Royal Copenhagen’s other wares.
image image image
image image image

All of the pieces in the collection are hand-painted and the flowers range from poinsettias to iris and blue cornflowers. I thought this faded dandelion serving dish was rather attractive.image

I loved that they used this variety of magnolia on the serving bowl.image

To see the entire collection, click here.

6 comments:

  1. I saw the collection when I was in Copenhagen and they had such a lovely display for it - the flagship store there is huge and yet in that Danish way so sleek with dim lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty to look at, but food would look awful on the plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these + all of them. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great -particularly love the dandelion! The poinsettia seems a bit suburbanly "Christmas china" to me but I get what they're going for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally saw snowdrops blooming in my yard today! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.