November 23, 2014

Radio Silence

I am heading off to the UK on holiday, and I am not taking along my computer. The last time I went, I lugged my laptop along, and realized that it kept me chained to my real life. So I am only taking a tablet, and iPhone, neither of which is conducive to doing a lot of writing. So, over the next two weeks, you might check in for sporadic posts, which will mainly be images. You might also check my Instagram account, where I will be posting the majority of images.

For those of you who receive the blog via e-mail, I am going to try and set up an RSS feed, but I haven’t had much luck with that in the past, so I hope it works this time! I will know when you know, and there will be enough time before I leave to make some adjustments if necessary!

I will be back to the regular posting schedule of Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning December 8th!

16 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in Blighty and enjoy your Thanksgiving, which may be a little different this year I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I am having Thanksgiving dinner with some London friends who just moved back from Brooklyn! They're doing it up for their friends, and were kind enough to include me!

      Delete
  2. You've earned your vacation, so have a good trip and don't worry about posting. We'll look forward to hearing about your adventures when you get back.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. There just didn't seem to be any chunk of time that I wasn't missing something. But off i go!

      Delete
  3. Given the love of meat,potatoes and gravy,I'd think traditional thanksgiving dinner would be wildly popular in Merry olde England . I was just reading about the ' invention' of chicken tikka masala which resulted when a diner complained that he needed gravy on his chicken and rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have cranberries, which are critical to the meal. I am taking a can of that vile cranberry sauce.

      Delete
  4. Have a lovely trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Having T-giving with British friends who just moved back there after living in Brooklyn for two years.

      Delete
  5. Blighty will not be as chilly as here. Drink a couple of nice pints in the pub for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh, england, my second home! will so look forward to your images
    enjoy!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip Meg! Enjoy!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great trip + be here when you get back + happy thanksgiving dearie xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, while you are away you won't miss any new postings from one site listed on your blog roll of sites to see. It has been months since your friend posted anything. I suppose no news is good news?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fabulous trip, Meg!!! I look forward to your Instagram photos. Happy Thanksgiving~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.