March 30, 2011

Madeleine and Coco, Emily, Lisa and Me!

I just returned from attending a fabulous lecture by published author, and fellow blogger, Emily Evans Eerdmans at the equally fabulous Evergreen House in Baltimore.

Emily took the audience on a historic trip from the time of NapolĂ©on and his consort, JosĂ©phine, along through the 1800s and right up until Madeleine Castaing’s death in the early 1990’s. A fascinating journey in beautiful rooms and stunning interiors, all with a thread connecting them through time.Madeleine Castaing by EEEEmily is just a delight… smart, funny and very well-versed. And she’s gorgeous, too!  One of the most interesting things that Emily said in her lecture is that Madeleine Castaing is the Coco Chanel of interior decorators. Her innovations, though sometimes subtle, are all around us in so many ways. Les GalsAnd Lisa? Lisa is my friend Lisa Simeone, former host of NPR’s Weekend All Things Considered and all ‘round gal about town. She and I attend a lot of these great lectures together!  Here we three are in the Leon Bakst Theatre at Evergreen. You can just see the stenciled roosters in the upper left of the image.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Meg

    I met Emily at her book signing here in Kansas City! She is wonderful!! I love the Castaing book.

    You all look great!!

    I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love! Come & join!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg, Super photo of the three of you. If I could choose to be anyone one else in life (impossible--but one can dream) it would probably be Madeleine Castaing. What an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Meg, fab night! I've spent half the morning looking at examples of "Lanvin Blue," including pix of that gorgeous room in her apartment that Emily included in her slide show. I want that shade on my walls (and in a Lanvin dress -- like I could ever afford it, ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, it was so wonderful to meet you in person! We need a reunion soon! xx, EEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry I missed it, but I hear it was a wonderful event!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.