November 6, 2008

The Vases

Sir Fopling Flutter, Man of Mode and charming friend, asked about the vases that I'd seen at the House of Beauty & Culture. My friends know that I am about as squeamish as they come, and can't even watching a shaving commercial without flinching (I worry that they'll nick themselves and bleed). So seeing some of the rare and unique curiosities at the House of Beauty & Culture was fascinating and a little scary. One of the more beautiful items in the shop was a trio of vases. They were an interesting translucent material and when a beam was shown on them, they seemed to glow from within, like a cool alabaster, but light as airThe vases are made from animal bladders. I'd have never guessed.

9 comments:

  1. OMG they're so lovely I'm drooling over here...But Seriously...from animal bladder?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the light shine through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. - I haven't even had my morning tea yet and I'm looking at animal bladders..... TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, one has to use them for something, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I wouldn't have guessed. When wondering what something is made from, animal bladders never, ever would have been on my list of possibilities. Now, however...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were really so intersting and a really lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that what a bladder looks like? seriously? weird, yet oddly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.