November 25, 2008

Look What I Found!

Last month, I mentioned that I'd bought a copy of Scalamandre, Luxurious Home Interiors at a remainder book store near my office. I'd stopped in today to see if I could find something for my niece's birthday tomorrow. While I was poking around, I noticed about a dozen copies of Carolyne Roehm's Presentations. How perfect, just in time for the holidays!

She's created the most beautiful packaging for presents. They're almost too pretty to open! I like that the book, like others she's written, is arranged by seasons. Here are some samples of her talents.
Butterflies from the dollar store adorn this package. Some of CR's famous blue and white. I've always loved black, white and pink! It almost looks like John Derian. It's a great idea for a fall birthday.Or for a winter birthday.This would be perfect for Christmas or Valentine's day.Not to make you jealous or anything...

14 comments:

  1. BK (before kids), I used to love wrapping presents and would spend lots of time and effort into the presentation! AK, I have become a gift bag person. These pictures are inspirational, though...maybe I will wrap a few gifts this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own this book and have given it many times together with an acrylic box from Container STore filled with beautiful ribbons and silk flowers in cupcake wrappers. It makes a beautiful gift -- just an idea since you found a supply of the books so cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find. I'm thankful I don't work near Daedalus because I'd be going there -- and spending money there! -- on a daily basis. I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore ribbons! GREAT price reductions... aah heavenly!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Carolyne Roehm's books, so beautifully photographed. I also like Rachel Ashwell's book on gift wrapping. Thanks for the elegant reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What beautiful images! Love the butterfly package and all that ribbon is making me drool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy wrapping! And happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a steal!

    a winter birthday!...that just sounds wonderful : )

    happy thanksgiving, meg!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used one of her ideas last summer, when I created a black and white houndstooth wrapping paper, black satin ribbon and an arrangement of sunflowers on top. For a late summer birthday, it was perfection. She really does have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feeling deeply, madly jealous...
    Saw it at Amazon for double that!
    HUMPH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - what inspiring packaging and wrapping! Yes, at 6.98 I am jealous - good for you! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go!!! It looks like a truly beautiful- and inspiring- book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this post! the pictures of the presents are adorable! for our Christmikah (Christmas and Hanukkah) my mother wraps the most beautiful presents. I hope she read this post!
    Thank you for checking out my blog!
    -lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.