November 17, 2008

Bag Lady

As I've mentioned before, I love Cath Kidston. Her designs are such fun and so cheerful. Within hours of arriving in London, I heard that to celebrate her 15th Anniversary, she'd produced tote bags to commemorate the event and to raise money for the Marie Curie Cancer Care. The bags were being distributed through Tesco (sort of like a British Target) and came in three patterns. The bags are environmentally friendly and are made from recycled plastic bottles, although they feel like heavy canvas.
I checked the Tescos that I happened across, but couldn't find the bags. I saw a woman at the V&A Museum who had one, and nearly mugged her for it. I mentioned my lack o'luck finding these bags to Just a Plane Ride Away, who very kindly said she'd venture to her local Tesco and get me one. Well, she did one better and sent me two! They came in the post this morning and are just great. They're the perfect size and I can't wait to use them at the Farmers' Market this week.

Thanks, JAPRA!!!

12 comments:

  1. ...and a hint of the spring to come. They are so cute. And handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great... I need to invest in some of those... except I recycle my store bags by using them for trash bags at home... I never buy trash bags... just use store ones... is that being environmentally sound a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!

    I always have a couple of string bags in my purse so I can reject all offers of plastic bags.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome, my dear. Recycled bottles never looked so good!

    Happy shopping!

    BTW, while I was at my local Tesco yesterday, I noticed that they have removed their plastic shopping bags from the sacking area. They are still available, but you have to ASK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love cath kidston's polka dots! no one does polka dots better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with that metal lawyers shelf. I would really like to feature it on my blog - but was wondering if you had any pictures of it now? If you do - please e-mail them to me.
    Artie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved Kath Kidson's designs. They're so playful and her color palette is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome. I now have bag envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat! They are lovely and the perfect thing for grocery shopping.

    Did you get to the Cath Kidston store in London?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her designs. I actually found a brand new C.K. travel tote in a thrift store for 7 dollars! I love those totes you pictured. They look great and a great size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Cath Kidson!!! these are too cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.