June 14, 2007

Happy Flag Day

Today's Flag Day... We're celebrating by heading out to Fort McHenry, the home of the Star-Spangled Banner for an evening of music, the Pause for the Pledge of Allegiance, and a great display of fireworks. There's nothing quite like singing the National Anthem at the place where it was written. We will take a picnic and some wine and just have a good old-fashioned time.

I want to thank Terri Sapienza from the Washington Post for her nice mention of my blog in this morning's Home & Garden section. Very unexpected!

3 comments:

  1. Have a nice time! Big time congrats on your mention in the Post! Well deserved I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on being mentioned in Washington Post - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! My blog was mentioned, too (the one from Detroit). But I grew up in Baltimore, so I know exactly where Pig Town is. I miss Fort McHenry. Say hello from me. It's supposed to be haunted ya know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.