June 15, 2007

My Favourite Designers in My Favourite Store

I adore the British home goods store called Heal's. I still get e-mails from them and got a great one that cheered me up enormously. As so many stores in the UK do, Heal's has partnered with a charity and several artists to come up with a cheap and cheerful item available to the masses at a good price.

First it was the Anya Hindmarch "I'm not a plastic bag" handbag, originally offered at £5.00 at the local grocery store and now fetching £75 on e-Bay. If that's the way you get one of Anya's bags, it's still pretty good!
Heal's has the most wonderful doormats designed by top UK designers, including two favourites, Lulu Guinness and Orla Kiely. Although Lulu and Orla are polar opposites, with Lulu embracing glam and lipstick and Orla going for the chic retro look, they have both contributed doormat designs for Heal's. Which would you rather have gracing your doorstep?

It's always to do good while doing well!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I would love to get my hands on that Orla mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I just went to the website - since when does TPT do "inspired designs"?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.