June 21, 2018

Ascot Opening Day + Ladies Day

One of my favourite scenes in “My Fair Lady” is the one at the Ascot Races. The costumes are by Cecil Beaton and they are entirely black and white. image

This year’s Ascot races are taking place this week, and on the first day, new fashion icon, Meghan Markle channeled the classic movie in a black and white outfit.

image

imageThere were also other elegant black and white outfits at the first few days of the races. All of these images have been collected on my Pinterest page: What to Wear to the Races… Or Not where you can see several seasons of races and what people wear.image

image

image

image

image

image

imageIt is always so much fun to Google “Ascot Hats” and see what amazing creations the guests are wearing!

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Which hat do you like the most?

4 comments:

  1. Loved Princess Eugenie's dress and that of (believe it or not) Ciara worn today (and her date looked dapper too) - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5870519/Ciara-ticks-right-boxes-elegant-white-gown-mismatched-fascinator-Royal-Ascot.html

    Fun fact alert: My father tailored Rex Harrison's suits on My Fair Lady.

    I hope you enjoyed your time across the pond. I'm overdue for a visit myself.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Markle is really good at adopting the royal fashion style, eh? She looks amazing! (Harry is too adorable.)

    As for the others...

    * In photo #2 (after the royal photos) the boobies are distracting me from the lovely polka dots! 8-)

    * Photo #3's dress looks like a black leotard with a reallllllllllly long crotch.

    * Photo #6: Looks like the cast of "Call the Midwife" got together for the event! They look like they're having such a great time.

    * Photo #9: I have a vintage fondu fork set that looks EXACTLY like this hat.

    * Photo #10: The day care center called. They want their bouncy castle back.

    * Photo #11: She mugged the candy floss vendor at the local carnival. At least there's snacks for later!

    * Photo #13: Her Majesty looks awesome! I would love to pinch her powdery soft cheeks.

    * Photo #14: This is one case where the hat PERFECTLY matches the person wearing it. If she doesn't get kissed before the day's over, it just proves there are idiots in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meghan looks lovely. Others will make it to my Pinterest board titled "REALLY"! The #5 photo should be titled Ms.Milquetoast. Mrs.Splathing, I love your rendition. That being said, there are some very well dressed and it is fun to feel the energy of the occasion!

      Delete
    2. Photo #6 is actually a music group who perform at Ascot every year.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.