May 27, 2018

Heading Out…

My former housemate is getting married in England, so I am heading over for a couple of weeks. I’ve got a lot planned for the trip, which only really jelled this past week.

I am starting in London for a couple of days, staying at a great AirBnB where I stayed a few years ago. I know a lot of people would rather stay in a hotel, but since I’ve had great luck with AirBnB over the past few years, and I love meeting new people, this is what I like to do. A few years ago, I booked a stay on a canal barge in Regents Canal. It was marvelous!image

The house I am staying in for the wedding is an old stone house with a thatched roof! The groom is an artist and the bride is an organic farmer, so the wedding is on an organic farm under a tent, so cross your fingers for warm and dry weather! image

After the wedding, I head off on a road trip for a few days. As I said, the itinerary only settled itself over the past few days, when I found out that a good friend has relocated from London to Nottingham, where my father was born. image

I eventually work my way back to the Cotswolds where my cousins live, and spend a couple of days with them. So excited to see them and relax for a bit. I have asked my cousin to find some great places to see. I’ve spent some time in the Cotswolds, so know there’s a lot to be found!image

Finally, I end up back in London for a few days. I was lucky enough to score a great place in my favourite area of London: Chelsea. Sadly, the Chelsea Flower Show will be over by the time I get there, but there is a lot in the vicinity, including some great shopping!image

I love the King’s Road and all it has to offer, and I am sure I will be heading to Sloane Square as well. Be sure to keep an eye on my Instagram feed and see what I am posting.

See you in a few weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your updates. Use to live in Pateley Bridge, n. Yorks.. going to London was always a big treat.
    Happy trails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a wonderful post! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the New York Times recently did an article " 36 Hours in the Cotswolds"
    Looks like there is LOTS to do!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/travel/what-to-do-in-the-cotswolds-england.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.