October 7, 2015

Pillow Talk

A few years ago, I had the distinct privilege of meeting a fun gal from Louisiana, Rebecca Vizard. One of the things I liked about her was that she loved textiles even more than I do, and her collection was also much better! She had a booth at High Point and it was such fun looking through the amazing pillows she had created, and listening to her tell stories about the fabrics.image

Now you can hear those stories, too! Rebecca has just written a book, Once Upon a Pillow which is scheduled for publication on October 15th. imageRebecca uses rare textiles from Europe, India and Asia to create her one-of-a-kind pillows and the fabrics come from sources as diverse as convents and country fairs. image

She creates these exquisite pillows with fabrics ranging from old church vestments to suzanis to Fortuny’s best offerings. Being a thrifty gal, Rebecca uses the scraps of the fabrics in a line of chic dog collars, modeled here by the late, great Connor!image

Knowing Rebecca as I do, I know that this is going to be an amazing book, and it will have a place of honour on my shelves, right next to the other books friends have written. To pre-order the book, click here.

And my heartiest congratulations to Mz. BViz for this massive accomplishment! Go girl!

4 comments:

  1. This book sounds wonderful Meg, I love gorgeous textiles!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Lee Bowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, this is my kind of book. I've had a passion for textiles, hand stitching, and of course pillows since I was a child. This will definitely be on my bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH ANTIQUE textiles! my entire house is full of them! I think I bought a bunch of Rebecca's pillows at a shop in the design district of Dallas...right after my "speaking engagement" at the Dallas Women's Club!!!

    She has the best antique textile pillows of anyone!!

    I started 30 years ago; going to the Paris flea market; bringing home what my husband thought were "rags"! Made pillows....and paid for the entire trip! And LOVED it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't have textile passion as you all do, but can certainly see how fabulous these are and how they truly transform a room. Will seek out the book. Thanks, Meg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.