May 21, 2015

Scenes from New York

I took tons of pictures over the past few days in New York, including almost 100 at the Kips Bay Showhouse! But I need to sort and edit them, so I will do that over the long weekend. But I thought I’d share a few favourite, unedited images from my trip. Enjoy!

I am fascinated with the range of signs in each of the subway stations. IMG_1376NYC Wednesday (19)

The trains are pretty cool, too!NYC Wednesday (18)

And there’s nothing more interesting than the characters you see walking along the streets, like this gentleman.NYC Wednesday (2)

A love these curved windows.NYC Tuesday (5)

The New York State Supreme Court Building. The ornamentation on this building was terrific!NYC Wednesday (12)NYC Wednesday (6)NYC Wednesday (7)NYC Wednesday (8)

I love the juxtaposition of the old and new.NYC Thursday (1)

Love these cheery colours! The one on the left is very British.

NYC Thursday (2) NYC Thursday (3)

Can’t disagree with this!NYC Tuesday (7)

From the low-brow H&M NYC Wednesday (14)

to the high-brow John Rossellinyc rosselli (14)

with some detail…nyc rosselli (12)

Chinoiserie desk at Philip Colleck, Ltd.NYC Tuesday (11)

Staffordshire and Foo dogs (which the computer wants to correct as food dogs)NYC Tuesday (8)NYC Tuesday (14)

A little peek at my favourite space at Kips Bay.Kips Bay (19)

Stay tuned for a big post about the 2015 Kips Bay Showhouse!

5 comments:

  1. love that quote so much! have fun Meg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more of your great pctures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos + looking forward to more xxpehhybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, Meg and I look forward to more, you have such a discerning eye!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisdom looks like he's wearing ear muffs. So true in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.