October 23, 2014

Bag Lady

Yes, I am going to be a wee bit politically incorrect in this post, so don’t read any more if that might bother you.

I love handbags, and mourned the loss of my gorgeous bag after I was mugged earlier this year – I was more upset about losing the bag (but retaining all of its contents) than I was about getting mugged.

When I got back to Baltimore, I immediately called my friend Andrea and asked her if I could get a handbag from her collection. Of course, she kindly obliged me, and I picked up this bag, but in orange.IMG_9460[3]

As the months rolled into summer, I carried one of Bosom Buddy’s summer straw bags, and then recently changed back to the orange bag. Then Andrea told me that their warehouse where they’ve been for the past few years has gotten too small, and so they’ve rented another space. Rather than move everything, they’re having a sale!image

I’ve been helping Andrea evenings this week and will help out during the sale. I sent her this to convey my wishes…handbags

Yes, I know. Completely classless. But funny.

I picked up a few things that ought to tide me over the winter and my upcoming travels. In a few weeks, I have a very, very elegant black tie dinner, and I found the perfect evening bag to take with me. IMG_4982

I also picked up the earrings and bracelet on the left. Here’s the detail of the bag.IMG_4983

I am wearing a black cashmere sweater with a mink collar, so the old gold in the bag should be perfect. The skirt I am having made is a copy of a Balenciaga from the early 1960’s in a brown/black moiré silk taffeta. image

Back to the bags! Bosom Buddy Bags is having a sale this weekend in Baltimore only. On Friday afternoon and Saturday morning only. Cash and carry only. And in person only. I know… only, only, only!IMG_4978IMG_4977IMG_4979image

There are so many fun things that you’ll be able to finish your Christmas shopping in one fell swoop! Here are the details. BBB Sale 2 (2)

I hope to see you there!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I think all the best people Will Work For Handbags:). I love their stuff. And your black tie outfit looks to be spectacular, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping the outfit will be good... spectacular is a reach!

      Delete
  2. How terrific that evening outfit sounds Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you were mugged. I am also sorry that we won't be in Baltimore for this sale. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo jealous. I need a new handbag and those cuffs are fantastic.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cuffs are fun! I am trying to get them to do one in a Maltese Cross a la Verdura!

      Delete
  5. HP NC residents a good percentage have substance abuse issues. If this is the case, a substance abuse problem where does the money come from, oh yes they are self employed they work nights not quite a dream job, it is the sad truth. The other sad truth what is being done about it by the community at large the community service org should be serving the community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that after I was mugged, which was in the middle of the day.

      Delete
  6. Your outfit sounds wonderful! Love those bags - if only there was no traffic from here to there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too wish I were in the area Meg. Love the new evening bag! Trade for work is just fine with me!

    xoxo,
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a great sale + wish i was closer + love your outfit for the dance. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you will post your finished outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stunning, I need to get one of those straw bags for next summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.