February 6, 2017

Mad About the House Blog

It’s really a small world, you know. Kate Watson-Smyth, the god-mother of the children of a friend of mine in London (follow that?) writes the most gorgeous blog called Mad About the House. She is based in the UK and sources most of her images and items from that side of the pond. image

She writes several rotating features including 10 Beautiful Rooms, The Househunter: Room by Room, 10 Best and others. If you read British design magazines regularly, you will notice that the houses and rooms that they feature are not styled to within an inch of their lives like the rooms in American magazines. They have that lived-in look, with stacks of books on the floor, faded chintzes and a dog lazing on the sofa. I find this rather comforting.

Here are some of my recent favourites that Kate has featured.

Georgian details in the boot room.Perfection!image

Beadboard walls, pinkish plaster, great stove… yep, I’ll take it!image

Honestly, I am not wild about the furniture, but wow, those windows!!!!image

Lightness, brightness and lots of cheer!image

Simplicityimage

Holy cow! That wall is AMAZING!ab_ebury_mews_07

That sofa is a killer!image

I hope you’ll pop over and take a look at Mad About the House. I am mad about it!

1 comment:

  1. I did pop over. "not styled to whithin an inch of their lives rooms" do seem very real.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.