This year, Christmas and Hanukkah begin at the same time. Are you ready? I am kind of ready… I still have a few loose ends to tie up and then I am good to go. Luckily, I have a few days off, so if anything arises, I have the time. Although I don’t decorate much, I love looking at what others have done with their homes.
Here are some things I am thinking about this season.
- I love the little copper wire lights that seem to be everywhere now. I got some last winter at Terrain and have added them to my collection (of three) domes. I aspire to have as many domes as this!
- I’ve finally gotten the last of the tea-towels mailed. For something I did on a whim, it turned out to be quite a successful project! Thanks to everyone who bought one… or more!
- I had bought two huge bunches of magnolia branches with the intention of doing some decorating with them, but we had a hard frost and they all turned black. So I just stuck the branches in the urns outside my house. I like this idea. But this would have been the reality!
- One thing I love about this time of year is miniature mincemeat tarts. My father used to make pies and tarts with mincemeat, and it’s such a huge reminder of him and our Christmas-time as children.
- I am really hoping that Figue cooperates and gets in the Christmas spirit. I tried taking pictures of her wrapped in little lights, and she was having NONE of that.
What’s on your agenda for the next week or so?