November 22, 2016

Think & Thank

When I was in the UK in March, I spotted a beautiful memorial window at the Chester Cathedral. T&TIt was in the cloistered area of the church, which would not originally have had glass windows. But clearly, after the First World War, when so many young men in the UK were lost to war, families installed windows in memory of their loved ones.

This phrase really struck me, and I have been trying to live according to it: Think about others in what I do, and Thank those who do things for me. And, I might add, be thankful for all that I have. In comparison to some people, I don’t have much, but in comparison to many people I have very much. think and thank

So, I am thankful for all I have, my good life, great friends, a loving family, a safe place to live, a job that I love, volunteer work that keeps me fulfilled, a little dog who makes me laugh, interests that keep me busy and readers who follow my blog.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and those you love.

15 comments:

  1. Thinking of and thankful for YOU❤️🦃❤️
    P.S.
    This graphic would make a great tea towel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I keep doing different iterations of it and think this one might be a contender.

      Delete
  2. Hear! Hear! great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. We all have much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sentiments; happy thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your blog. Happy thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thanksgiving towel would be very nice.......

    Thank you for your blog, which I found 5 years ago when a beloved child relocated to Baltimore and piqued my interest in the city and its culture.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes to you for Thanksgiving and thank you for your blog and the true sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful post. Have a very happy Thanksgiving Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If more people would even do ONE of those things, this world would be a better place! I am big on thanking... I still have to work on that first one, though. Impatience is a pitfall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post, even though, I'm late getting here. Special thoughts, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.