June 24, 2019

The End...

As you might have noticed, I have stopped posting on Pigtown*Design. After more than 12 years, and 2,156 posts, I felt like I was finished with the blog. When it became more of a chore than a joy, I decided that I would move on.
I am on Instagram, where I post images of all of the things that catch my attention, such as architecture, design, culture, travels and current events... all of the things that this blog was about! 
I am also on Etsy, where I sell my wares, including antiques, textiles, paper ephemera and, of course, tea towels! 
I am working on another big project, which you can follow. As past Chair of the Baltimore Architecture Foundation, we have revived an old committee, The Dead Architects Society. Baltimore had a huge growth spurt in the first two decades of the 20th century, and a group of us are researching some of the architects active during those years. 

My research is on the firm, Palmer and Lamdin, and the two men as individual architects. Their houses are quirky and unique with a European flair. They are responsible for the look of three inner suburbs of Baltimore, as well as houses in other neighbourhoods. I have set up a website to catalogue as many of their buildings as I can locate.

I want to thank you for all of your support over the years. You will never know how much I appreciated your readership, your comments, and your participation in the blog. It has been such a fun journey and I've gained more than I could ever have imagined when I started the blog after I returned from living in the UK. 
Thank you so very much!

12 comments:

  1. As they say, all good things must come to and end. The good news is that we can still follow along on your adventure on Instagram! Good luck with your new ventures. It has been so fun to follow along with you, your pups, your adventures abroad and your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meg, This is sad news indeed. I think that your blog was the first that I encountered, and I have enjoyed it all these years. Your activities are so wide-ranging, and always full of interest. If you stop, how will we get dependable news about the goings on in Baltimore?
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I understand that every life, even Pigtown's, has on arc to an ending, I will miss your blog and its sensibility. We never met, but we are friends. MJ Glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Meg, for many wonderful years of love, laughter and inspiration! I have learned so much about your beautiful city and have enjoyed being an armchair traveler during your many trips. I follow you on Instagram as RabbitHillCottage and am thankful to continue the journey there, with your wicked humor, architectural education and sweet Figue posts. Looking forward to more goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand how life gets in the way of blogging. It's a tough job, but you left your mark on the blogging world, and it was good. So glad we met at Reggie Darling's, and have happily followed you on Pinterest and Instagram. Best of luck in your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all the great work, and thank you for everything you've given us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever I see people's blog posts gradually slowing down, from once-a-day, to once-a-week, to once-a-month, I fear this is what they will ultimately do, stop blogging altogether. But at least you're not quitting your web presence altogether, merely relocating to Instagram.

    I'll never forget the time you and Reggie and Boy and Emily met up for dinner at Keen's Chophouse and because I was in town at the time - and exactly what it was that took me out your way was - I can't recall - but I do remember that you had just picked up the cool lithograph of a Chinese pot that you had picked up at the framer's shop that day, and that we all got to see it, before you put it up here on your blog, a few days later.

    I'm just sorry that it didn't occur to any of us that night that we should all sign the back of it, so you would have an actual tangible keepsake of the evening, not merely a pleasant memory.

    I'm just sorry that it didn't occur to any of us that night that we should all sign the back, as a commemoration of the event, so you would have a tangible keepsake of it, not merely a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Meg, Just a reminder that your fans have another ray of hope to experience your unique work and vision--the MedChi Archive blog, which I hope you plan to continue:
    https://medchiarchives.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for doing double-duty all this time!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your wonderful blog. I'm already signed up for email updates from your new website. Imagine the smile on my face when I visited it and found your great post on Wawaset Park, right down the street from me and the home to many friends. Sorry we weren't around when you were in town. I'm a huge fan. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just 10 comments, well i suppose some readers thought you wouldn't read them. I for one learned a great deal about your city and I say thank you meg for being a blogger and sharing. I look at blogging and bloggers as an art form it is self expression and a form of service above self. It is as if you held a door open to a complete stranger entering or exiting the local Thrift shop. As An uncommon courtesy, your blog was something I would say many looked forward to, from your friend with the Emu to your auction finds. See you on instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. judging by your photos it is a stunning house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.