July 27, 2015

Small-timore, Again! This Time With Lots of Pretty Pictures!

As you may know, I’ve been snapping up lots of the gorgeous pearl-handled silverware, which is now on my Etsy shop. It’s really stunning stuff and in the last auction, there were a few lots that I had my eye on. SOLD no 44

But the bidding was fast and furious and I only won some of the lots I bid on. This being Baltimore, I thought that the chances of me knowing who was bidding against me were pretty good. Within a week, I found that it was a friend of a friend! And then it was confirmed I saw this image on her Instagram page!imageAngela Mangione runs House of Presley, a company that rents china, silverware, glassware and other “props” for weddings and parties. We have had a few conversations back and forth, and when she sent me the link to her website, I was enchanted. She’s actually transitioning between websites, so I have linked her Facebook page, which is populated by gorgeous images like the ones below!

image

image

image

image

imageimage

image

image

image

image

Which is your favourite image? I am hard-pressed to choose the one I like the best! All of the images are from here, so go check out the House of Presley and look at the rest of the images. And tell Angela I sent you over!

All images except the first one, courtesy of the House of Presley!

16 comments:

  1. What a great eye she has! Very creative and I could easily scoop up much of what's on her Facebook page. Insane over the pink Italian sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she is renting them out, how can she be sure how those MOP handled flatware pieces are washed? They are not to be washed in a dishwasher. The curator in me is in panic mode. :-/ But it looks like she is doing beautiful things. My favourite image is the gilt console with the bright pink peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teacups on the wooden stand! Lovely. Followed by the outdoor table. What a nice way to start the day! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all such fun! Makes me want to work harder on my photography.

      Delete
  4. All gorgeous, I really cannot pick a favorite, and just visited her site!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always loved the airy Rococo boiserie in the parlor at Cylburn, Mrs. Tyson had the right idea updating it, too bad the rest of the house stayed in the dour and heavy Victorian mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that room was at Cylburn! I've only been to outdoor weddings there.

      Delete
    2. You really should see it in person if you get the chance, if only for the novelty. I don't need to tell you there's almost nothing else like it in the area, accept for the second floor parlor of the old Theodore Marburg mansion on West Mt. Vernon Place, now the Headquarters of Agora Publishing.

      Delete
    3. That's where they had all of the books at their most recent Garden Day in May. That place needs a whole lotta love!

      Delete
  6. love the cups & saucers under the glass dome + great website! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a wedding, MOP handles? Perfect, perfect, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely love the dining table set outside with the wooden fence in the back drop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy pick for me .... I've always been a sucker for a chandelier hung in a tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.