July 4, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

For the first time in nine years, I don’t have a dog to decorate for the holiday. That makes me sad.

But I will be decorated for 4th for the re-dedication of Baltimore’s Washington Monument, which is 200 years old. You might remember last year I had a tour of the renovations of this historic monument, which you can read about here. We got to the top of the Monument, more than 180 feet high, via a series of stairs, creaky construction elevators and finally, ladders, and our views from the top were unparalleled. image

At the risk of being totally cliché, I am wearing full red, white and blue! I have a great red eyelet skirt, which I am pairing with one of my numerous stripey sailor shirts, and then topping with an old Brooks Brothers straw boater, which my friend Andrea at Bosom Buddy Bags, decorated for me. July 4th

You can see the hat a little better here, along with Andrea’s grand-dog, Natty. image

This will also be the first time in many years that I don’t spend all night trying to calm Connor and worrying about his mental health with all of the fireworks. I guess that’s a good thing.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Meg, and happy 4th. I'm a new reader of your blog. That outfit will be great, and perfect for your holiday. I'm Canadian/British, and right now in England for a few months, but I did fly my Canadian flag on the first over here at West Cottage. Well, wanted to say hello and I'm off now to read thru some more of your posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Independence day, Meg! I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July from Canada! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th to you Meg, and I'm sure you'll look like the bees knees in your smart outfit today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Meg I know how much you miss Connor! Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend with your friends!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Gallery Opening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.