July 31, 2015

20 Questions for Bunny Williams From the WSJ

Did you see the Wall Street Journal’s Off Duty section over the weekend? There was a great “20 Odd Questions” piece with design icon, Bunny Williams. IMG_3977Ever since she arrived on my radar, I have admired her common sense in so many things – her decorating, her outlook on life, and the way she deals with her many rescued dogs.  image

Bunny says that the dog always knows where the coziest place in the house is, and I can certainly agree after Connor took over the most comfortable chair for the past two years. She says that she has faux fur rugs for her dogs, and I know that was always Connor’s favourite place in the winter.

While everyone is mourning the closing of Bunny Williams’ iconic shop in New York, Treillage, she has opened a showroom in the Fine Arts Building in Manhattan to showcase her designs. She joins other design and decorating firms including Bennison and Chelsea Textiles. image

Bunny talks about hating the colours mauve and teal, and acres of dry-wall walls. She likes texture on the walls. Nothing to disagree with there!

As part of the article, there’s also a brief video of Bunny talking about her likes and what interests her. Antique urns are a big thing – in more ways than one! There is nothing better than a chippy old cast iron urn.

image

I know that a trip to Bunny Williams Home will definitely be a stop on my next trip to New York! image

To access the article, please click here. I don’t think that it’s behind the pay-wall.

16 comments:

  1. Fun interview and I like Bunny even more since she mentioned Tate's cookies. They are fabulous and the only commercial cookies I've ever had that truly taste like just-baked homemade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Otterbein cookies here in Baltimore can be passed off as home-made... not that I'd ever do that!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the article as I would have missed it and I am a big fan of Bunny Williams. Had a chance to visit Trelliage at Christmas time in New York, it was grand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treillage will be missed! It was a great shop in a super location.

      Delete
  3. When I go for coffee at B&N, I always pick up one of her books to look at that I don't have. Despite her beautiful huge expensive homes, she somehow inspires me for my own much small home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too find Bunny Williams inspiring. And love that she is such a fan of Furlow Gatewood, who is my new design idol! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, thank you,Bunny has always been a favorite n the world of interior design! I have given her books as gifts!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are great to give and to keep and study.

      Delete
  6. saw the interview + but had not seen the video xx peggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it pays to check the website... they have extra goodies!

      Delete
  7. Avid fan of Bunny Williams! I had the pleasure of meeting her a few years ago in Nashville. She is the best!
    Couldn't get access to the article, but will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I get a little free time I will check out the article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the other day...she's my kind of girl- as I sit here with two 80+lb retrievers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Bunny but did not see the article. I am going to search for it now!

    I hope that you are enjoying your summer Meg!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.