February 14, 2018

Year of the Dog

Because Chinese New Year is based on the lunar calendar, it isn’t a fixed date. This year’s Chinese New Year begins on Friday, February 16th and lasts for about two weeks. Most cities have some sort of Chinese New Year celebration and it’s a lot of fun to participate. There are twelve zodiac cycles, each represented by an animal, and this year’s is the dog. There are also five element cycles and this year’s is Earth. The Earth Dog is persistent, meticulously attentive, with good fortune in wealth.

Since it’s the Year of the Dog, I thought I’d entertain you with some recent pictures of my sweet little Figue, who continues to delight and entertain me! She has her own Instagram account, where you can follow along with her cuteness.

It is only recently that Figue has decided she loves being under the covers. image

She usually goes in head-first and then I re-arrange her.image

Figue and her Christmas hedgehog.image

My wonderful faux fur blanket from Halcyon House was not chosen to match the dog.image

Honestly, I can’t tell you how much she loves her little critters from ZippyPaws. She has hedgehogs, cardinals, bunnies, squirrels and these pigs.image

Gong Xi Fa Cai (Mandarin)

Gong Hey Fat Choy (Cantonese)

Congratulations & Prosperity (English)

5 comments:

  1. Hello Meg, Happy Chinese New Year. I imagine that your dog Figue is in for some serious spoiling this year!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me! I think this sweetie is in for serious spoiling everyday! As well she should be! Happy New Year to Figue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meg and Figue,

    What a sweetheart! She deserves to be spoiled and loved. My pups LOVE LOVE those zippy paws. I think they might have 1 of everyone made! I think they are so cute that everytime I see a new one at TJMAXX or Marshalls I buy another.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolute LOVE! She is the cutest pup EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one adorable dog! Lucky you. Lucky Figure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.