January 10, 2018

A Dozen Years

When I returned from the UK a dozen years ago (!), I was working for a friend’s father on a short-term contract, renting a small row-house and trying to figure out what was next.image I needed a little structure in my life, and thought that by writing something each day, researching a topic, and taking photographs, I would be using my time productively. image

Then, as now, I wrote about completely random things – art, architecture, interiors, my life, my dog, food, books, and much more.image Certain themes arose again and again, some continued and some dropped away. (You can check the labels links on the side-bar to see these.) image

I have always tried to present the best parts of life in Baltimore, which doesn’t always get the best press. imageIt’s a beautiful city, in parts, and even in the parts that aren’t filled with big old houses with gorgeous gardens, I can almost always find an interesting building or something at piques my curiousity. image

I hope that you enjoy following along as much as I enjoy sharing my life and my interests with you.image

As always, thank you for reading Pigtown*Design!

9 comments:

  1. I cannot remember how I discovered your blog but I am glad I did. From your friend with the emu, it was a baby emu right?, to your sweet sweet Conner and your Captain Courageous chicken dish to Edgar Allen Poe posts we love them all it makes us so much better to read your fantastic blog. Thank you for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meg, Thank you for so many years of Pigtown Design--certainly the bedrock of the blogging world. One thing for sure is that your life will never get boring. You have brought Baltimore to life for all of us. And let's not forget the entertainment and interest provided by the medical side of your efforts, the (Baltimore/Maryland) MedChi Archives: http://medchiarchives.blogspot.com
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Meg for you fine work and dedication. I enjoy them all. You are a great patriot for Baltimore Pleas keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meg for you fine work and dedication. I enjoy them all. You are a great patriot for Baltimore Pleas keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg -- Yours was one of the first blogs I "subscribed" to. I only comment if I feel I have something to add to the conversation -- which is rare. A huge "Thank You!" is long over due. I get great enjoyment from each of your postings. Thank You!!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is an incredible body of work - a gem for Baltimore and a joy for your readers. I've had the fun to hang out with you off and on over the years - always a pleasure! Happy 2018 Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a dozen years Meg. That is a lifetime in the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your blog anniversary - I started reading when a son & grandson moved to Baltimore maybe 7 years ago, to learn more about the area, and it has been a wonderful resource, complementing my observations and experiences perfectly. One thing I have noticed about Baltimore is how NICE people are.....not the dominant media representation, but so noticeable to this visitor.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I have been following along for almost 11 years and I love everything about your blog, the art, architecture, food, pups and more. Thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.