November 21, 2017

Lunchtime Safari

Luckily, my office is in the center of the city, and I always try and get out for a bit during lunch, just to clear my head and get some fresh air. I can get almost anywhere in the city and back during my lunch hour, so I set a goal of a building to see or a neighbourhood to explore and see what I can get done.

I’ve hashtagged images from lunch as #LunchtimeSafari, so that I can easily access them on Instagram, although some other people have snuck theirs in as well! Take a look…

A dramatic sky and a little photo-editing combined to make this moody photo.image

I stumbled across this gorgeous Georgian-style school building, only to find out later that it’s by the same architecture firm that designed my offices in 1909. image

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that this is also Ellicott & Emmart, the architects of our building. image

Speaking of which, this is my offices, built in 1909 and overseen by our ghost, Marcia. IMG_0004

St. Katherine’s Church looks like it belongs in a country village, not the heart of the city.image

I just found this Italianate villa, perched on the top of a hill overlooking Baltimore. image

This is part of the Montebello Water Filtration plant. I love the Moorish look that this has.image

This is on the same property. I think it would make an amazing house!image

The old Beaux Arts Congress Hotel. image

I love discovering new-to-me buildings, and revisiting old buildings that I’ve known for years. Thanks for coming along!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Meg, These are all wonderful. I especially like the Italian Villa house. I love to take a different route each time I walk--you never know what is waiting to be discovered. However, what I often find lately in Taipei is another historic building torn down!
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baltimore is so full of wonderful architecture, which sadly, for the most part goes unappreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought of you as I was touring the Nutshell Mysteries (hope I am recalling the name correctly....) exhibit at the Renwick; I BELIEVE I first became curious about them reading this blog, which is a great resource for all kinds of things to think about.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.