May 24, 2017

#ThisisBaltimore: Spring Edition

We haven’t had a #ThisisBaltimore post for a while, and now that spring has sprung and it’s fully bloomed out, it’s time to show you spring in Baltimore!

In March, I taught my iPhone photography class, and just before I did, I upgraded my phone to a 7+, which I love. It has dual lenses to take some really cool portrait photographs, so I’ve had a great time playing around with it. Also, in the few weeks before the class, I really worked on editing my images with SnapSeed, an amazing (but non-intuitive) photo editing app from Google. Some of the results are shown below!

The wooden chapel at Crimea, Leakin Park, Baltimoreimage

A.T. Jones Costumers, a long-time Baltimore institution.image

DLA Piper building, designed by local architect, Charlie Brickbauerimage

First race of the season – Green Spring Houndsimage

Brooklyn Park Water Tank – it has more than 20 different shades of brick.image

Ingram Manor, a beautiful 1920’s apartment house.image

Cloud Computing after the morning gallops at Pimlicoimage

Short & Sweet peony season.image

A long-time Baltimore tradition.image

Thanks for following along!

8 comments:

  1. I just started the new Netflix show or documentary rather in Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it, as well as the podcast, Serial, take place in the park where the chapel is located.

      Delete
  2. My peonies are just now budding, have yet to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had so much rain this past week, that the peonies here are all beaten down. :-(

      Delete
  3. I love these photos. Am now tempted to upgrade my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartily recommend the iPhone 7+ and then SnapSeed to do the editing.

      Delete
  4. "Ingram Manor" tugged at my heartstrings! Nearby is another of its sort, "Edmondson Manor" -- it is from James Edmondson Ingram that I descend. Thereafter came JEI Jr, JEI III -- all three were Baltimore born and raised.

    And yesiree, Meg, your photos are glorious!

    -Flo [Ingram]
    Amelia Island FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW COOL! I will have to go look for Edmondson Manor. I think I know where it is, because I saw another classic building along the same stretch. And i think that this is actually the back of the building, since there doesn't look like there's an entrance commensurate with the look of the place.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.