May 17, 2017

Peony Time!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! The peonies are blooming and they are just stunning. I think that peonies are one of my favourite blooms, and I always take advantage of their short season to get as many as I can.

Luckily, I have friends and neighbours who are willing to share their bounty with me, and if that fails, I can usually find them, during the season, at Whole Foods.


This year, my next-door neighbour's peonies are blooming away, but the ones at my friends' farm, just 15 miles to the north, are still mostly in tight bud stage. 


But the few that were out when I was there yesterday were stunning. We are having an event on Thursday, so I only took pictures of the peonies at the farm, and didn't cut any. 


Although the season is short, my appreciation of these stunning flowers is vast. 


And, as I said, I am lucky to have friends and neighbours who are willing and happy to share!



3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky as they are rather dear here. I ordered a plant but they say they are hard to grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely stunning! I am especially fond of them as well and can never get enough! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous shots, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My My My. MFF has scooped Garden and Gun. My favorite magazine featured a farm in MD and I said to myself, Self this is Meg's friend's farm. I only wish you had written the story. Perhaps a query letter to Haskell about the handbags, your friend and the handbags.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.