October 7, 2016

This is Baltimore: Ballroom Apartment

My office is in one of the city’s elegant neighbourhoods, and I noticed an advertisement for an apartment for rent, just a few blocks away. If I wasn’t already well situated, I’d snap it up in a heartbeat!

Check it out:

The apartment is in an old ship-builder’s house. It's about 1600 square feet, with incredibly ornate details, floor to ceiling windows, and 16 foot ceilings. Really intricate plasterwork all over the apartment, with marble fireplaces, giant mirrors, and other crazy details.

image

The floor is divided into three main rooms (with a kitchen and bathroom)image that are separated by huge pocket doors.image

The decor over the mirror and windows are a hunting motif - deer (mirror), boar (center) and dogs.

image

Enter the apartment through the dining room. The kitchen and bathroom is to the right (includes W/D and a storage closet), bedroom is to the left.imageimageGiant builtin holds pantry, butcher block countertop, gas range with broiler, dishwasher, w/d, fridge. SO MANY CABINETS

image

Here’s the view:image

Oh, and the rent is $1,500 per month! 1BR, $500 deposit. Subject to screening and new lease through the management company. Pets welcome, smoking not so much. W/D, gas stove, storage, forced air/heat, and historic detail like you wouldn't believe. Check out the entire gallery of images here.

5 comments:

  1. amazing. Too bad the decor of the occupant did not compete with the original details of the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light filled with amazing detail.
    What a beautiful space! I would be so tempted just as you are, Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I'm thinking of moving back just for this apartment. Of course, I'd have to hire the previous tenant to help me decorate. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- at first glance you'd think this was in Paris! True to your hashtag, Meg -- #thisisbaltimore indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.