September 6, 2016

My Portobello Pop-Up and Other Things

Whew! The past few weeks have been super busy, and the next few aren’t letting up at all.

First up was a trip to the coast, just before the arrival of Hurricane Hermione Herman Hermine. Although we missed it by a day or two, the waves were so rough, that it was hard to be in the water and the high tides covered the beach. imageThat said, my Burkini, in reality, a top to toes sun-guard suit, worked perfectly. Despite being on the beach all day, I didn’t get burned at all. I really try and stay completely out of the sun.

A few days later, I headed down to a cottage on one of the many rivers close to Baltimore to spend time with my family and cousins here from England. One of the stars of the trip was my brother’s new puppy, Phoebe. image

Of course, in the middle of all that, I am prepping for my Portobello Pop-Up, starting on September 16 at Halcyon House Antiques.Portobello Pop up I am sorting through amazing china, image

polishing tons of silver, imageimagecataloguing dozens of pieces of Wedgwood, image

and researching back-stamps on china.image

I am working on both designing and sewing my tea-towels, which are also available on my Etsy shop. I love the original illustrations from Alice in Wonderland, and have used them for some of the designs.blog

I also love maps and the Maryland flag, as you may have gathered, and have used some of them for the tea towels as well.blog2

One of my favourites is one I did of the Cape Cod region. If you’re visiting someone there, these make perfect house gifts. I did one for our family’s gathering this weekend and marked the house with a star. nantucketOf course, I can customize these for you.

If you’re in or around Baltimore while the show and sale is going on, I hope that you will stop in. I will be there on the Fridays and Saturdays.

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. These things will fly out of the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Meg, I am amazed at how you can do so much (in addition to all we know that you regularly do), and with such unfailing grace and style, yet.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.