October 7, 2013

Pumpkin Time

I was at the grocery store the other day, and contemplated buying one of those fake foam-type pumpkins they sell, just so I could carve it once and be done with it. But I resisted. After my homegrown pumpkins from last year, I’d feel guilty about having fake ones at the house. So I will probably stop at a farm stand en route to High Point Furniture Market later this month and pick up a few pumpkins.

I love the idea of carved pumpkins more than the actual carving of pumpkins. But I love thinking about different designs for what I’d carve. This picture from several years ago is always one of my most-pinned images. pumpkin3

And because I have a completely off-center sense of humour, this one still makes me laugh! (Excuse the bad photoshop job!)puking pumpkin

I am always a fan of the creative pumpkins that Martha makes, especially the ones which are carved using a drill bit or two.drilled pumpkin

And OMG, this might just have to be the pumpkin I make this year… if I have enough time! porecupine pumpkinMartha says they’re porcupines, but I am pretty sure that they’re hedgehogs!

Can you even IMAGINE gluing on each piece of candy corn?candycorn pumpkin

Do you carve pumpkins?

Martha Stewart Cut-Out Pumpkins For Halloween

8 comments:

  1. We love carving pumpkins! I am sorry to contravene Martha, that is a hedgehog or I'll surrender my best carving knife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess which ones my kids liked best?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carve pumpkins, yeah! love the green pumpkin! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a sculpture class during art school and, at Halloween, the instructor said we would carve pumpkins and please bring knives and pumpkins. Now, mind you, the instructor was a talented sculptor himself, someone who was adept at carving portrait busts from blocks of wood and stone. I showed up with an apple corer and my pumpkin and proceeded to create a polka-dotted pumpkin, much to my instructor's dismay, while other students were knocking out elaboratley carved pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to make a few of the puking pumpkins this year! We don't get nearly the amount of trick or treaters we used to, but I think this might make lots of people laugh. And then I can compost the whole mess together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great, the patterned ones are amazing. I'm impressed with anyone who carves a pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.