January 6, 2013

Weekend Update: First Weekend

Have you been having problems remembering which day is which for the past two weeks? I know I have, and I will welcome Monday so that I will begin to know which day is which.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I lived downtown, one of the best, and also one of the worst things, was having Baltimore’s two stadiums within a few blocks of my house.  On Ravens game days, parking was a complete nightmare. Even though we had permits, that didn’t guarantee a parking spot, so you had to gauge when the games started and finished to avoid the traffic.imageHowever, football game days could also be magical! There was such excitement in the air, everyone was anticipating a great game, and you could hear the crowds roaring! I used to love to listen to the games on the radio and catch the noise of the crowds echoing through the streets.

If you check my posts during the first week of January for the past four years, you will see that they all feature a post about painting the town purple with light. It’s a tradition in Baltimore to light everything in purple, which is easier said than done. Purple is so far down the spectrum, close to black light, that it’s hard to see. imageBut we try!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I am doing some social media work on the side, and I’ve just started blogging and Facebooking for my first clients, Halcyon House Antiques. I have to say that without any reservations, this is my favourite store in Baltimore, and I’d be more than happy to move right there. I have already written a few posts on the blog, and I hope that you’ll take a look at it. I will be writing about the shop, talking about the different lines they sell and giving the background stories on some of their vendors, providing entertaining tips from Stiles and Jonathan, the two owners, and generally helping to promote this fabulous shop beyond the borders of Baltimore. I will be posting a few times a week, so subscribe to the blog via e-mail and you’ll see what I am saying about Halcyon House!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I’ve tweaked a few things on the blog and have added buttons at the bottom of each post where you can share the post on a blog, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or by e-mail. I have also added a “like” button, so if you don’t want to leave a comment, you can just tick the box and let me know that you liked the post!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh I need a like button too!

    I am so happy it's back to real life today - I keep leaving voice mails that make me sound like an idiot 'Hi, it's Wednesday...I think...no wait, maybe it's Thursday...well anyhoo, call me!' :o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is mourning the loss by the Redskins yesterday. He's passionate, really, and there's a cloud of gloom hanging over the boat today. I make encouraging sounds like "get over it, it's only sport" but somehow nothing I say seems to help :-)

    Looking forward to more images from Halcyon House.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, and very good luck for Halcyon House to have you on board. Love your post. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to know the day of the week again, it has been a struggle for two weeks...arrgh! Love the painting of the town purple, I didn't realize you did that for the Ravens! I'm off to visit Halcyon House, good for you!
    tp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.