January 17, 2013

Poe + The Ravens

Thanks so much to everyone who sent get well wishes. It’s really not the flu, but a massive head cold and a wicked cough. Feeling well enough to actually look at the computer today, which is great.

It’s a big weekend for us here in Baltimore, what with Edgar Allan Poe’s 204th birthday on Saturday. There are two hilarious cartoons making their way across Facebook these days. poe boy copyAnd this…poohThey crack me up!

There’s also a football game this weekend – the Ravens play the Patriots, in a re-match of last year’s semi-finals. We’re hoping for a better outcome than this time last year.

As you might expect, the town’s gone crazy with purple and ravens everywhere.

I gave my friend Kit, who is the Raven’s most rabid fan, a big raven hand-puppet for Christmas. She was also the recipient of an mechanical raven several years ago. Click here to see the video of it.imageWe made the cover of Sports Illustrated this week, although that can be a curse.imageThe official bank of the Ravens has lit its building in purple.imageEven the fog had a purple tint to it the other night. imageI hope that I am feeling better by the weekend so I don’t miss out on all of the fun!

13 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. I love your Domino Sugar sign.

    Poe was born in Boston so I'm sure he would be rooting for the Patriot's though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Poe died here and we've got his body. So I am thinking he's a Ravens fan!

      Delete
  2. adore the hand puppet you gave your friend + what a hoot! + Feel better for the big game. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fourth grader did a report on Edgar Allan Poe and dressed up as him for Night of the Notables at school recently, so I showed him your cartoons -- the Edgar Allan Pooh comic was a big hit. :-)

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca... that's so funny! Did he recite The Raven?

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon! And thanks for the Poe boy laughs! HAHAHAHAH! Egads, that last photo is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cartoons,

    I do find American football very strange coming from a land of Rugby and Australian Rules Football but my son is a big Ravens fan ..courtesy of cable TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Meg to you and Jane! Love the cartoons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.