January 31, 2013

New York & Scalamandré

I am headed up to NYC for a few days next week, and although I have some events already on the calendar, I am looking for things to do, people to meet, places to go!

The main reason I am going is that I will be attending the premiere of the Scalamandré’s new line of tabletop, including china, glassware and cutlery, with Lenox, and the 2013 Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse. imageAs part of the launch, several decorators are creating windows featuring each of the lines of china.

Bunny Williams has decorated her window with Toile Tales, a fanciful Chinoisierie landscape of enchanting flowers, fretwork, figures, pagodas and parasols. imageHere’s Charlotte Moss’s window, using Bouvier, imagea favorite of Jackie Kennedy adapted from a superb 18th century French design.image

The other patterns are the iconic Zebras that once graced the walls of Gino's restaurant in New York City;image the perennially fresh Love Birds, one of Scalamandré's earliest and most beloved reproduction fabrics;image and Stravagante, a hyper lush, ravishingly drawn Italian Baroque still life design. imageAnd the other window designers are Jamie Drake, Kathryn Ireland and Richard Mishaan.

Dear Connor’s dog-walker is taking care of him and he’ll be so excited about that, he’ll hardly miss me!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pictures of the Stravagante window. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg, Have a super trip!! I'm a bit jealous; so can't wait for all of the follow-up posts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful, I especially like the Jackie Kennedy-inspired design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see photo's. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see the photos. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning works by the designers and Scalamandre!
    Have fun, fun at the Premier!

    All the best
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.