January 2, 2013

New Year’s!

I am great at making New Year’s resolutions, but not so great at keeping them. So I am going to take baby steps to do some resolutions.

I’ve joined the group FMS Photo-a-Day. imageThey publish a list of what to photograph each day and then you submit your image to either their FB page or the website. This was my image for 1 January. 1-1 (3)With a new year, who knows where the road will take me.

I think I can stick with the photo-of-the-day for at least a month.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I checked my Town & Country magazine horoscope on New Year’s Eve and this is what I saw.imageThere are some interesting things in the offing, and some of them might begin later this month.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I got a tuffet for Christmas! 1-1 (4)My friends Kit & Nolan gave it to me, and it’s just the perfect thing for putting my feet on. Connor seems to think so, too.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Fellow blogger, Grant Gibson, has been putting pictures of roasted grapes on his FB pages for a few months now, and they’ve really piqued my interest. So when I stumbled across a menu for a festive dinner in Traditional Home Magazine, by another fellow blogger, Tobi Fairley, it also had roasted grapes in it. Clearly, I had to make the recipe for our New Year’s Eve dinner.imageHonestly, I had no idea what they’d taste like, but they were delicious! I just put grapes in a bowl, use seedless red or green ones, then added about a tablespoon of good olive oil, salt and ground pepper and some fresh thyme. I put the oven on 350* and roasted for about 15 minutes, or until their skin split. Grant has made the roasted grapes with panna cotta, but we used them for one of the vegetables.

How was your New Year’s? Did you do anything different?

4 comments:

  1. OK-I am adding roasted grapes - green of course! - to my list of what to serve at my green party -and I.hope you can come this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same old same old for me ... after trimming my Chia pet downed two quarts of MD 40 and a Hickory Farms beef log to ring in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to learn to use a fountain pen and improve my handwriting :O)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.