October 3, 2011

Spectacular Symposiums

October in Baltimore means Free Fall for cultural patrons. Many of the museums, galleries and other cultural institutions have special events during the month and they are all FREE!  Get it? Free Fall?  Haha.

The Museums at Johns Hopkins are having a couple of events, and there are two, one free, one cheap, that are going in my diary, tout de suite!Paca House Garden The first is a series of gardening lectures, including one on privies in the 1700-1800 Tidewater garden and another about the American Garden Folly.

In November, an inexpensive half-day lecture series will discuss, in-depth, Baltimore Painted Furniture. Painted Furniture I know three of the lecturers, including great friend, David Wiesand, and I am sure that this series will be the equivalent of a PhD in Baltimore painted furniture.

For more information, click here for a pdf of the details.

2 comments:

  1. All of these activities look great. I had no idea about Free Fall, I will have to look into that.

    HOpe you have a great week, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RATS! I can't take 11/11 off from work. RATS!!! RATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.