September 7, 2011

Paris Pictures

I bit the bullet and digitally subscribed to the New York Times on-line. Otherwise, they limit you to a pitiful 15 articles a month. So that means that I get all of the little additional e-mails throughout the week, some of them more interesting than others.pix of paris 5 Today’s was one offering some lovely images of Paris by Little Brown Pen. I spent about one weekend a month in Paris when I lived in Wales, and I took hundreds of images, all of which were lost when my computer was stolen. So it was fun to see how much LBP’s images were like the ones I remembered. pix of paris 6I love the way they’ve grouped the images by colour.

pix of paris 1A gorgeous celadon green.pix of paris 3 Bright and cheerful yellows. pix of paris 4Cool blues.

The pictures are available through the New York Times “Times Limited” here. The images are very reasonably priced and are printed in the giclĂ©e process. I might just have to get a couple for the house.

All images: Little Brown Pen

11 comments:

  1. One weekend a month in Paris?! Oh Meg to live in your shoes. Any pair in that amazing file cabinet you keep them in will do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at the images from Little Brown PEn, they are amazing! I love Paris too and never tire of going there even after going yearly for over 2o years. There is alway sometime new to see as well as all of the old comforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images Meg.....love this photography....xv

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG thank you for introducing us to little brown pen the blog is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg,
    Yes, I agree, those colour grouped photos are great!
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once a month in Paris? Pure heaven. I'm still thinking about Connor--so glad that he is home. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris has to be one of the most photogenic cities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to tell you all that going to Paris was not as much fun as it sounds. i'd fly over from cardiff either friday evening or saturday morning and have a day free, and then i'd work for 12 hours on sunday for an art dealer/psychiatrist, who was a super nasty french man who hated americans.

    i was working on an art project for the school where i worked, and had to spend the day with artists who would come to the man's house, and drop off small paintings they'd made. everyone only spoke french, at a rapid rate, and i'd have to translate everything in my mind... the art dealer guy was just as nasty as could be and berated me at every chance.

    then i'd race to the airport to try and get the last flight back to cardiff so i could be at work in the morning. there were several times i didn't get home until 4 in the morning. not all glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to stop reading LBP because I was too green with envy. Beautiful photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are wonderful to watch. It create cooling site to eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love LBP! I got a set of pink ones for christmas last year! Cant wait to have a house where I can hang them up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.