July 28, 2011

Three Day Tent Sale @ Sloans & Kenyon in DC

Are you a little freaked out by auctions? Do you think that if you rub your ear or sneeze, you might end up bidding on a priceless antique?

Well, Sloans & Kenyon Auctionseers just along the DC/Maryland border, is having a tent sale instead of an auction for the next three days! It’s going to be great, with new items added every day.

GREAT TENT EVENT
Friday, July 29: 10am - 5 pm
Saturday, July 30: 10 am - 3 pm
Sunday, July 31: 1 - 4 pm
An Avalanche of Personal Property
Attractively Priced for Immediate Purchase
Outdoors in the Sloans & Kenyon Parking Lot
Adjacent to Eastham's Exxon - 7100 block Woodmont Avenue
S&K4Four Complete Estates!
Antique and Other Furniture *
Ladies' Designer Clothing (including this beautiful Hermès blouse)S&K1Men's Classic Clothing and Shoes * Including Polo and Brooks BrothersS&K5 Sterling Silver * Porcelain * PaintingsS&K3Jewelry * Box lots of Miscellanea (that coffee pot has my name all over it!!!)S&K6 And Much, Much More!

My friend, ILOVELIMEGREEN works at S&K and was kind enough to send me some images of what’s on offer.  I’ve got my strategy planned out… including a fail-safe way to make sure I don’t buy too much! 

Remember, the sale is all weekend and you’re sure to find a treasure! I’ve been to their auctions before and it’s been worth it to attend!

9 comments:

  1. The jawbone thingie... is that a spoon rest or a wine bottle holder? In any case, it looks RAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't Toad be beautiful in that blue patch jacket?

    Flo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! Some great things going on in your neck of the woods! I love the little dog sitting next to your coffee pot!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that teapot too!
    Looks like a great sale!
    xx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'll fight you for that coffee pot! Love it.
    A tent sale sounds a great idea. Auctions can be a little intimidating, especially if you have an itchy head :-)
    Thanks for following
    Dianne
    YONKS UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS:
    If you are unable to getacopy of BBC H&A, I can probably send you one.
    Take Care
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Auctions are a lot of fun, and watching the bidding on various treasures is the best part. I have scratched my head at auctions and never ended up with anything I wasn't bidding on. The auctioneers and the assistants are WAY smarter than that ... just try not to make eye contact and nod. :)

    The greyhound/whippet figurine would fit perfectly around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you tell me more about that teapot pattern. I recently purchased a set of espresso cups in that pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.