…a chair, that is! I have a very comfortable arm chair, which is a bit sun-faded, so I thought I’d take things one step further from my recovered sofa and ottomen, and slipcover an arm-chair. What’s so challenging is that I picked a geometric print linen from Victoria Hagen’s collection. The print is Twilight Rhythm in indigo and periwinkle. Because of the pattern, I have to be especially careful about matching the lines. I started pinning and cutting, with everything inside out. After I did that, I basted it all together to make sure it fit properly. I need to work on the front of the arms to make sure they look tailored, and then I need to decide a couple more things: should I paint the chair’s legs white or cream or leave them dark, and should I make the skirt more tailored than the last few pieces I’ve done, which have had box pleats or semi-ruffles. I thought about doing inverted pleats on the corners and in the center front. I would love your input!
In case you’re wondering what is on the walls, I found a number of embroidery hoops and then cut fabric to fit them, and then hung them on the wall in my workroom. I can swap out the fabrics when I get sick of them, or if I find a piece I especially love.