October 20, 2010

A Pebble in The Pantheon

Pantheon (noun) the place of the heroes or idols of any group, individual, movement, party, etc., or the heroes or idols themselves: to earn a place in the pantheon of American design.pantheon For me, the pantheon where designers and decorators talk about their craft is The Skirted Roundtable, hosted by Linda Merrill of ::Surroundings::, Megan Arquette of Beach Bungalow 8, and Joni Webb of Cote de Texas. SRT_1_yr_anniversary copyThese three amazing ladies have made the Skirted Roundtable the go-to place for interviews with some of the leading lights in the profession.

In the past, they have had conversations with luminaries such as Charlotte Moss, Margaret Russell and Stephen Drucker, amongst many others. I was very honoured to be included in that amazing group when they interviewed me last week for the Skirted Roundtable.

It was such fun to chat with the gals, whom I already felt like I knew. They’re all so warm, gracious and fun! I am just a little pebble in the pantheon of design gods and goddesses, but thrilled to be included!  You can listen here.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your talk on SR so much...Congratulations Meg, you are such a natural and just as lovely as I had imagined. xv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally enjoyed your spot on the Skirted Round table. I love that you said you are a "hunter" not a "collector". I love the thrill of the hunt as well. (I actually went to the thrift store and scored in the middle of your interview and came back and listened to the rest!) And I watched your Nate spots. LOVED Them! It looked like that tag sale was awesome! Thanks for helping bring the beauty of "old" back again.

    --Gretchen O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg I am going to listen in the morning!! You are with the cream of the crop of course!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were an excellent guest at the Roundtable Meg - and more than a mere pebble in our eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one thing that I love about SRT is meeting really cool people. We think we know someone via their writing, but there's nothing like hearing the cadence of the voice, the parlance of the author in person.

    I'm so happy I got to 'hang' with you and only wish we lived closer.
    xo

    megan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.