October 17, 2010

Back to the Land of the Living!

After a week of being sick as a dog, with an ear-ache, sinus issues and an eye cold, I am finally feeling much, much better, and am delighted!

This weekend has been quiet, although the Baltimore Marathon was in full swing, surrounding me and making it impossible to move through the city. 10-10 020 The race brings tons of excitement, racers and revenue to the city, so I am pleased that it is here. Congratulations to all who ran. I did see lots of people limping today.

I had a chance to go to a book party for a great new book on dogs, a subject near and dear to my heart. I am waiting for my copy to write about it, but it will be great. The party was hosted at Halcyon House Antiques, and the drive out there was just beautiful. Late fall afternoons are my favourite kind of light. Halcyon 10-10 002 The guys have re-arranged Halcyon House and brought in lots of new things, including these fabulous clear acrylic ballroom chairs. I’d love one as a desk chair. Halcyon 10-10 008 I fell in love with this great rug, which, when I examined it closely, was made of chain-stitching. Halcyon 10-10 026 I even saw some actual wild animals while I was at Halcyon House. Loads of deer coming through the woods…Halcyon 10-10 007 … and geese flying overhead. Halcyon 10-10 030 My next appearance on The Nate Berkus show will be airing on October 21st. This segment is a little more serious – helping a family move from their foreclosed house. It was tough to do, but I hope that my work will help them move to the next step in their lives.

I have another fun experience, with three chicks who are as much fun as Nate was… stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. Definitely staying tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg you have had so much going on, great things!! Take care!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the book on dogs. Sounds like you are doing many interesting things. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rarely have time to watch TV, but I will definitely tune in for you segment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg, I'm glad that you are feeling better. Your photos are wonderful! Maryland in the Fall is the perfect place to be. I do want that rug. Thanks. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, those acrylic chairs are FAB! glad you're back to feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg - I remembered seeing the acrylic faux-bamboo chairs from Halcyon House on your blog. There are two stacks of them at the T.J. Maxx off Joppa Road in Towson - I'd say there are about a dozen of them @ $79 (I think). Caveat: They seemed to have a blueish tinge to them - don't know if it was because they were stacked and the multiple layers of chairs caused this, or if they had a little blue in them. Just thought you might like to check them out. Thanks for your blog - I enjoy it daily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.