July 12, 2010

Holding Court

I got a phone call late on Saturday night from Eddie Ross, looking for the phone number of a mutual friend of ours, Michele at My Notting Hill. Calls at that time of day are never good news, and from Eddie’s voice, I knew this was the worst kind of news. holding court houseThe lovely Marija who wrote the stylish blog, Holding Court, had been killed in a car accident, while she was in Atlanta on an antiquing trip. You should take a few minutes to read the lovely tribute Marija’s husband wrote in her memory.Cory&MarijaShe leaves two young children and her husband, as well as a wide array of devoted readers, all of who adored her and her classic style.  She will be greatly missed by all.

10 comments:

  1. Very missed. So horribly tragic & will keep the whole Court family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horribly sad! I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. That sucks. The weirdest part was reading the last two entries that she wrote - where she said "post to follow" and "World Cup 2014 - here I come!". Neither of which will happen, now.

    Drink in every moment, because you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so sad and tragic. life is so precious and can be so fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stunned when I read Cory's blog post yesterday, I couldn't even put up a comment, it just breaks my heart that a woman so full of life had hers taken so quickly, I will certainly keep her family in my thoughts. *Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a devastating turn of events for this young family. I am so very sorry. I will keep them all in my prayers! Incredibly sad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad that such a talented young person with a beautiful family has been taken from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly sorry to hear the news.
    Really enjoy reading both of your blogs and will continue to do so.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg - You are right about phone calls at that time. The strange thing is that morning when we spoke I never even thought it would be something like that. It is such a sad loss and leaves such a void. Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.