February 13, 2010

Two New Places to Visit

One of the best things about blogging is finding like-minded people who get the same thrill as you do when you hear about a new line of fabrics, or that chandeliers in bathrooms are indeed quite gorgeous.

You know of my deep adoration of my supremely talented friend, David Wiesand , as I have written about his gorgeous shop numerous times. pinky 007He’s now started his own blog. Here’s what he has to say about what his blog will be:

Things I'd like to explore on this blog are: Creativity, where does it come from; starting and growing a business; an intimate look into the world of my company, the people who occupy it and keep it moving forward, the humor that makes our small business work for us all there, the camaraderie that keeps people together, makes them enjoy what they do.  Secrets of the trade: why read a blog if you're not going to get the inside scoop on how the magic happens (how DO they make paint imitate wood, marble, shagreen, ivory...) 

There are only two posts up so far, but he’s planning on making some little videos on the techniques they use, including gilding, casting and more. I think it’s going to be a fascinating blog.

Another new blog, which was just officially launched this week is called Trail of Inspiration, written by the talented Lulu deKwiatkowski. collage blog Lulu also talks about how she gets her inspiration. Please take a look and you will be inspired, too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I loooove Lulu's picture. Going over to check out her blog right now. Also David's. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to see more of both of their work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a jack russel myself, I am mighty impressed by the pig-adillo.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.